Careers with Blyth Academy
NOW HIRING FOR 2022-2023!
Blyth Academy is an Alberta Accredited, International, JK to 12 school in the heart of Doha. It teaches a wonderful and varied group of students, who are mainly expat children with diverse backgrounds. We offer an attractive package including; housing allowance, tax free salary, flights, medical insurance, tuition for up to 2 children and transportation allowance. If you are looking for a fabulous new international teaching experience, are enthusiastic about teaching and enjoy learning about other cultures as well as traveling, please consider joining our Canadian school and team!
We are currently looking to fill the following teaching positions beginning in the 2022/2023 academic year:
- Senior Kindergarten Teacher
- Grade 2 Teacher
- Junior High ELA Teacher
- Grade 7-12 French Teacher
- High School Media, Design and Communications (MDC) Teacher
Teacher certification from the province of Alberta in Canada, or eligibility to become certified, is a requirement for our SK-Grade 12 teachers (except Arabic and Islamic Studies).
We are also inviting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Head of School. Once the right candidate has been selected, position start date would be immediate to accommodate transition and training.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
· Provides administrative support to the Head of School to ensure efficient operation of office.
· Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors.
· Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms.
· Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning etc. as required.
· Completes operational requirements by prioritizing and completing administrative projects and expediting work results.
· Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
· Supports Head of School by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
· Provides information by answering questions and requests.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Supports the Head of School in tasks related to the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in Qatar such as reports, meetings and the accreditation maintenance process.
· Helps maintains the school’s divisional outlook calendars of tasks and events.
· Supports the Head of School in tasks related to Alberta Education reports, staffing documents, meetings and the accreditation maintenance process.
· Supports the Head of School, Deputy Head and HR Officer during staffing process.
· Submits expense reports to finance.
· Other duties as assigned by Head of School.
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
· Reporting skills
· Administrative writing skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Excellent time management skills, able to multi-task and prioritize work
· Shows initiative and is an independent (self-driven) worker
· Exceptional computer skills
· Able to maintain confidentiality
· Attention to detail and problem solver
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be fluent in English
· Arabic an asset
· Minimum of High school diploma required (must be attested)
· Previous administrative assistant experience in a school setting would be an asset but not required
· Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Zoom; and Adobe Acrobat
To find out more about any of our exciting career opportunities, please apply by sending your CV to: [email protected].