- Senior Social Science Teacher / Alberta Program Administrator
- Teaching Positions in Doha, Qatar 2016 – 17 School Year
Teachers are the foundation of Kindergarten to Grade 12 education at our schools. The primary role of the teacher is to support our students in achieving the goals and standards required by our accrediting Ministries in Canada and Qatar. Blyth Academy Qatar requires a teacher in the Secondary Social Sciences department and an Alberta Program Administrator (APA). This role has a reduced course load and with the responsibilities of the Alberta Program Administrator. Reporting to the Head of School, this Teacher / APA supports the school’s academic leadership.
The APA is fundamental to the operation of the school with the primary responsibility for implementing applicable policies of Alberta Education. As the keeper of the vision, this role ensures that the Alberta program of studies is implemented in all aspects. As outlined in the Handbook for Alberta Accreditation of International Schools, “This person leads the implementation of the Alberta curriculum (Alberta programs of study, Alberta testing program and supervision and evaluation of teachers and students in accordance with Alberta standards) abroad.”
- Teach the provincial curriculum expectations, and assess and report them in accordance with the Ministry policy pertaining to Assessment, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure that classroom practices with respect to assessment and evaluation comply with Ministry requirements
- Maintain a course of study for each course which is subject to inspection by the school administration and the Ministry
- Follow the course of study approved by the school and the Ministry, and provide the appropriate course of study to the students and parents
- Maintain daily unit plans and lessons which are subject to inspection by the school administration and Ministry
- Ensure all courses of study contain:
- Curriculum expectations
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Assessment and Evaluation strategies
- Follow the attendance procedures established by the school
- Support the expectations outlined for the students
- Contribute to extra and co-curricular activities as determined with the Head of School
Alberta Program Administrator
- Provide instructional leadership in the Alberta program
- Supervisethe evaluation and advancement of students in the Alberta program
- Ensure instruction is consistent with the approved programs of study
- Ensure standards of education are met
- Evaluate program delivery
- Direct the management of the Alberta program
- Promote cooperation between the Alberta program and the school community
- Alberta education certified (permanent certification)
- Minimum of 3 years of successful teaching experience in Alberta or an Alberta accredited international school(within the past ten years)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Alberta curriculum and the associated assessment and evaluation practices
- Excellent English skills both written and spoken
- A strong Academic background
- Cultural awareness and the ability to adapt teaching style and content to their surroundings
- Empathy and the ability to work with students in creating an inclusive, supportive learning environment
- A willingness to learn the student records administrative system as it applies to their responsibilities
- Good classroom management skills
- Good communication skills
- They are worthy of the trust placed in them by providing an original report of a Canadian criminal record check with a vulnerable sector check.
Teaching Positions in Doha, Qatar 2017 – 18 School Year
Blyth Academy Qatar offers the Programs of Study for students in Kindergarten to grade 12 using the curriculum and assessment documents designed and produced by the Government of Alberta, in Canada, under their direct supervision and evaluation processes. Further to this, the school is accredited by the Qatari Ministry of Education and offers Arabic and Islamic Studies that fall under the direct guidance and supervision of the Ministry.
Immediate requirements are for the following:
- Jr./Sr. Kindergarten
- Grade 7/8/9 Math
- Grade 3
Preference will be given to Teachers with an Albertan Teaching/Interim Teaching Certificate.
Blyth Academy is Canada’s leading private school by enrolment and Canada’s leading provider of international accredited education. Our global perspective on education has inspired our expansion in Canada, the United States of America, Europe and Asia. Our schools are accredited by the Ministries of Education in Ontario, Alberta and the Middle States Association in the USA.
Blyth Academy Qatar is a K-12 learning community that embraces diversity, engages students in their studies, and nurtures lifelong learners who are equipped to pursue post-secondary studies and fulfilling careers of their choice.
Interested candidates are asked to send a resume and cover letter to David.Brazeau@blytheducation.com and note Doha Teachers in the subject line. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.